WHO WE ARE
MHARS Lorain County
The people served by the mental health and substance use disorder systems have a common goal, and that is recovery. Consolidating the county’s addiction and mental health organizations strengthens our ability to coordinate treatment and recovery services. This is to improve our clients’ lives, and also improve the lives of their family members.
The goal is that we will maximize delivery of these health services. It means providing the right care, in the right setting, at the right time.
WHAT WE DO
Misson & Vision
The MHARS Board serves as the local authority for community mental health and substance use services. The Board is the county agency responsible for the planning, evaluation and funding of needed programs and facilities for addiction and mental health services. The Board assesses community mental health and addiction needs including setting priorities and developing plans for the operation of community substance use and mental health services and programs in Lorain County.
• Work to build a system of care that has the best services, is client-driven and encourages people to participate in their own care.
• Fund services based on performance measures and outcomes.
• Promote cooperation between the Board, the community and provider agencies.
• Advocate for clients and support services.
MHARS LORAIN COUNTY
Our Core Values
- We believe that mental illness and substance use disorders are treatable diseases.
- We believe treatment works and people can recover from mental illness and substance use disorders.
- We work to build a system of care that has the best services, is recipient-driven and encourages people to participate in their own care.
- We fund services based on performance measures and outcomes.
- We promote cooperation between the Board, the community and provider agencies.
- We advocate for consumers and support service accountability.