Lorain County businesses can receive top recommended resources for improving workplace wellness for FREE from the Mental Health, Addiction and Recovery Services (MHARS) Board.
[ps2id id=’screening’ target=”/]FREE Confidential Online Screenings for Multiple Behavioral Health Concerns
The MHARS Board sponsors this resource for you. Make this link available to all employees and encourage them to use it: https://screening.mentalhealthscreening.org/lorain. Feel free to use our social media posts to publicize it, or make your own with your own logos. Here’s an example of a post for parents, or a general post.
Ways that organizations have used this:
- Set screening.mentalhealthscreening.org/lorain as the default page for browsers on the company computers, or in computer labs. This reminds employees that this resource exists and that they are encouraged to use it.
- During company wellness or health fairs, set up a laptop featuring screening.mentalhealthscreening.org/lorain in a private corner. Offer a raffle or incentive for those who complete the quiz.
- Create social media posts promoting how much you value workplace culture, and encourage workers and their family members to complete the quiz. The MHARS Board sponsors this resource for you, but we encourage you to make it your own; make social media posts with your logo, etc.
- Include the link in your company email signature: “How are you feeling?” Take the quiz!
FREE trainings in mental health and addiction prevention
The MHARS Board offers a range of trainings, from one-hour programs that can be part of a lunch-and-learn session, to 8-hour full certification courses in Mental Health First Aid. As a benefit to local residents and businesses, we offer these for free. You can request trainings in suicide prevention, mental health and addiction, or opioid response by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Substance Use Recovery and Workplace Safety Program
Brought to you by your Board and the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation, this program for participating counties reimburses employers for:
- Development and legal review of employer policies and procedures about substance use issues.
- Training for employees to understand substance use and their employer’s related policies.
- Training to equip supervisors and managers to better manage employees in recovery.
- Drug testing for prospective and current employees in recovery.
The program also provides access to a free employee wellness incentive program, BWC’s Better You, Better Ohio.
To sign up, or for more information, visit www.bwc.ohio.gov. Or contact:
Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
Director, Substance Use Recovery and Workplace Safety Program
For general questions: BWCSURWSP@bwc.state.oh.us.