ADDICTION FAQ'S (FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS)
- A chronic and progressive disease
- Physical/psychological dependence on substances/behaviors
- Continued use in spite of consequences: health, legal, relationship, work
- Inability to control when you start/stop a behavior
What is recovery?
- A process through which individuals
- Improve their health and wellness
- Live a self-directed life
- Strive to reach their full potential
What is relapse?
When the person:
- Returns to his/her using/behavior following a period of abstinence
- A period of uncontrolled behavior
- Not uncommon when is comes to kicking addiction
Treatment IS available. A financial intake will determine the potential for you or your loved one in terms of financing. The diagnostic assessment will determine the level of service(s) that will be offered.
Privacy laws require staff speak directly to the individual seeking treatment, unless they are a minor.
Resources may differ for adolescents.
Contact 440-282-9920 for assistance.
- What treatment options do you offer?
- Do you take my insurance? (Or) I do not have private insurance, what are my options?
- Do you offer outpatient services, if so, what are the days and times of services?
- Are families involved in the treatment process?
- I am on medication, am I eligible for your treatment services?