National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week
March 21 – 27, 2022 is National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week
What is National Drug and Alcohol Facts Week? NDAFW is an annual, nationwide observance of drug and alcohol use among youth. It was first launched in 2010 by the National Institute of Drug Abuse (NIDA).
DID YOU KNOW?
- Narcan can save a person’s life during an opioid overdose.
- Young people who vaped are four times more likely to start smoking cigarettes.
- Vaping can cause sinus infections, nose bleeds and asthma.
- Smoking marijuana can cause damage to the lungs.
- People who drink before the age of 15 are five times more likely to become addicted to alcohol.
- People ages 12-20 drink 4% of all alcohol consumed in the United States.
So, What Can You Do?
If you or someone you may know has been experiencing issues with drug or alcohol abuse, there are many providers in Lorain County who can assist. Check out the Provider Agencies directory to find the right provider for you or your loved one.
Interested in Expanding Your Knowledge About Drugs and Alcohol?
Need immediate help?
- 24/7 Crisis Hotline: 1-800-888-6161
- 24/7 Alcohol and Drug Helpline for Lorain County: 440-989-4900
- 24/7 Crisis Text Line: Text 4HOPE to 741-741