Coping with the Holidays Guide Available
Holidays can be the most wonderful time of the year for many, but it can also be quite stressful. There are many expectations surrounding the holiday season such as expensive gifts, spending time with multiple people and families during the pandemic, work parties, etc.
Here are some tips on how to cope with stress during the holiday season:
- Make time for yourself – Do something you enjoy, such as knitting, painting, or even just watching your favorite show.
- Make a list of everything you need to get done and prioritize each of them. When you start getting overwhelmed, work on the first thing on your “must do” list.
- Be around people who care about you – Having supportive friends and family around can help you in many ways.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help – Whether it be having your friends help wrap gifts or reaching out to a therapist, make sure to know your needs and acknowledge them.
- Don’t pressure yourself to buy everyone an expensive gift. Thoughtful, low-dollar gifts are perfect when you don’t want to break the bank.
- Take advantage of discounts and clearance items in stores. This is a great way to save money throughout your gift shopping.
Want more tips to beat stress, delicious recipes, and more resources? Check out the Coping with the Holidays Guide!
Happy Holidays from all of us at the MHARS Board of Lorain County.
If you need help this season, please reach out.
Text 4hope to 741-741 to talk to a licensed therapist without having to call. The line is open 24/7.
24-hour Crisis Hotline: 1-800-888-6161
By: Kaeli Moody